Sunday, February 12, 2012

"In a galaxy far, far away..."

I was in Sophomore HS when "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" was released. Let me tell you that sci-fi films are not exactly my cup of tea (nor I have seen any of the films from the Star Wars franchise). However there's something about the film that caught my interest the moment I saw the costumes. With the film's recent release in 3D, here's a celebration of the fabulous and oh so inspiring wardrobe from Star Wars.

Photos from the May 1999 issue of US Vogue with model Audrey Marnay wearing the costumes designed by Trisha Biggar.



This dress was said to have been inspired by the flowers that bloom in Naboo. Biggar on the other hand used Hopi Indian as inspirations for the hair style and the Japanese parasol for the free standing collar.


A dress that is said to have been inspired by Art-Nouveau artist Aubrey Beardsley.


Probably one of the most iconic costumes of the recent decade. Trisha Biggar was said to have been inspired by Chinese Imperial robes while making this one.


A far cry from the costumes worn by Princess Leia (played by Carrie Fisher) who will be Queen Amidala's daughter.



Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in a spread for Vanity Fair in promotion of "Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones" in costumes also made by Biggar.


I managed to get hold of a copy of this book a couple of years back which I still use as a reference up to this date.


Now where do I get a copy of this one?



That's all for now! ;)


photos via googleimages.

No comments:

Post a Comment