Thursday, January 17, 2013

OK More Bunka!!!

While I was in Japan I really made sure that I'll drop by Bunka and check its costume museum.
Apparently it was closed the first time I went there.
So I had to return days later in order to view this exhibit:
Poster for the "Weaving and Dyeing" exhibit which ran until the 22nd of December last year.
Basically it was about weaving and dyeing, something which I think is universal in most cultures. The pieces on display were so beautiful and inspiring! I would have taken photos of pieces if only they were allowed!
Outside the exhibit hall were racks of what I thought as sample fabrics as souvenirs until I noticed the price tags!
I saw this another marble "painting" which I think is just beautiful.
So beautiful that I "camouflaged" myself in it! LOL
I'm thinking how this was mounted.Just look at the details!
This one just screams "The Great Gatsby"!
I've also noticed these vintage designer chairs which I've seen before (in photos)and I had to take pictures of first hand! (Forgot the designers behind them.)
Of course I didn't left the museum empty handed. Bought myself the book "200 Years of European Mode" published by Bunka Gakuen Museum.
From Left: First 2 are brochures from the museum, the museum ticket and the book.
The book is so inspiring though mostly written in Japanese.
I mean just look at all these beautiful clothes from way back that they managed to preserve.
I could only wish for a museum like this back in Manila!

No comments:

Post a Comment