Monday, February 7, 2011

What's in your Zoo?

After that post on "Animal Kingdom" I think its appropriate that another post on Kingdom Animalia should follow suit. LOL

Recently, for my nephew's birthday, we went to Manila Zoo which is considered as the country's premiere zoo. Opened in 1959, Manila Zoo is also one of the oldest in Asia and at present it is a home to more than 800 animals from 100 species (via Wikipedia) Entry costs P40 (about a dollar) whilst children below 2 feet are free.

Boy a lot has changed since this picture was taken.


First stop was the elephant:


I've never seen an elephant this close so why not record it perhaps? Now you see it........


Now you don't. This spot reminds me so much of Ate Guy in that scene from "Bulaklak ng City Jail".


Then off to the ostrich. The feathers just spells "C-O-U-T-U-R-E" to me.


The guy's a bit of a "show off" don't you think? :)


This reminds me of the Snow Queen or in this case "Snow King".


View of the not so blue lagoon.....



.....and the playground.


"A" for the "wooden" branch barricade. Love the jungle/safari feel.


I just wished that they continued the jungle/safari motif with the benches too.


And who placed that wood inside that wood? Very clever.


Now can you spot the tiger?



....and the wabbits too?


A peak inside the "Reptile Room".


Cavalli will be very happy.



Of all the animals at the zoo, I've been looking forward in seeing the giraffes. But to no avail, I only saw these two:



According to reports, there used to have giraffes at the zoo until they died a couple of years back. Hope they'll have giraffes soon. Calling Mayor Hagedorn of Palawan?

And that wraps up my zoo trip. How about you, what's in your zoo? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment