Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pint-sized couture

I recently went to a screening of "An Education". A coming of age film set in 60's London and stars Peter Saarsgard, Alfred Molina and Carey Mulligan who played the protagonist Jenny (The role scored her a Best Actress at this year's Oscars BTW.) Apart from the plot, what caught my interest are the costumes featured in it. (Something which I consider as "staple" whenever I watch period films.)

Costume designer Odile Dicks Mireaux did a great job with the costumes as she was able to capture the spirit of London back in the 60's (one of my favorite era). The actors looked great with the male cast in their suits whilst the female cast fit like a glove in their dresses.

I was so inspired after that i looked at my archive for pieces and took these photos. Enjoy :)

"Vintage" leopard print coat.



Front of white lace dress with "jeweled" collar.



Back detail.



Printed silk dress with belt detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment