Monday, February 13, 2012

Oscar Day Dreams!

The Academy Awards is about to happen within a few weeks time and that could only mean one thing: we are about to see fabulous frocks once again in perhaps the most spectacular night of the year.

Here are a couple of frocks that I would like to see come Oscar night.

Let's begin with Meryl Streep who's nominated in the Best Actress category. I see her wearing this creation by Zac Posen. I just love the combination of tailoring and the flowing skirt on this one. Perfect for "La Streep"!


Next is this metallic number from Oscar dela Renta. I just love the play on textures with the pleating and the sheer fabric. This dress will look good on Viola Davis or Jessica Chastain.


For Michelle Williams, I see her wearing this Elie Saab creation.


And now for Rooney Mara who blew me away with her performance in The Girl with Dragon Tattoo here's a couple of suggestions she might want to try. LOL

I love these looks from Elie Saab and Lanvin. What I like about the dresses is that their figure hugging (something Ms. Mara ALWAYS look good on) and the details which could display her amazing bone structure and alabaster complexion.

Elie Saab


Lanvin

I came across these dresses from Doo-ri Chung and Alexander McQueen which just screams "Lisbeth Salander".

Doo-ri Chung Fall 2012



Alexander McQueen 2012



I thought of combining two of the three dresses and came up with this one. What do you think? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment