Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oscar Hangover

Another Oscar has ended on a predictable note with most of the previous (and expected) winners taking home the coveted statuette. A breath of fresh air for its hosts which according to Anne Hathaway is more for a "younger demographic". ( I personally think Anne did a great job however she could've done the hosting alone. Just saying) As for the attendees, where are the Bjorks and the Chers? (Save Helena Bonham Cater in Colleen Atwood, Congrats BTW, which I find a bit tad "safe" for her.)

And now, I present to you a tribute of my favorite Oscar category. :)

A rethinking of Jenny Everdeane from "Gangs of New York".

Cameron Diaz as Jenny Everdeane in a costume by Sandy Powell.


My rethinking of Satine from "Moulin Rouge".


Nicole Kidman as Satine in a costume designed by Catherine Martin.


My vision of "Marie Antoinette".


Kirsten Dunst as the "ill fated teen queen" in a costume designed by Melina Canonero.


A look inspired by "Chicago".

Catherine Zeta Jones as Velma Kelly workin' it in Colleen Atwood.


And finally, a look inspired by "Frida".

Geoffrey Rush as Leon Trosky, Salma Hayek as Frida Kahlo and Alfred Molina as Diego Rivera in costumes by Julie Weiss.


It is a dream of mine to create costumes for theater or a period film (biopic will do) and though I'm light years away from that these kids will always remind me that "dreams really do come true". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment