Friday, March 18, 2011

Pint-sized couture parts 14, 15 and 16 "Medieval Mode"

I was trying to get rid of a few unwanted stuff when I found a few of my college projects.


My "Ladies in Waiting" from the Medieval Times.



Petrus Christus, "Portrait of a Female Donor", c. 1450


Rogier van Weyden, "Portrait of Isabelle of Portugal", 1445-1450

Lady in Waiting No. 1 is wearing a blue houppelande with velvet detail at the neckline with a camisole underneath. A henin completes her outfit.


Found this photo which reminded me of the one I made. Coincidence perhaps? :)

File:Hans Holbein Temple Detail.jpg


This one features another version of the houppelande but with a "fur" detail at the neckline and a heart-shaped henin instead of a cone-shaped. I'd say that this is a personal favorite.


Close-up


Faye Dunaway as Yolande D'Aragon in the film "The Messenger" which is a retelling of the life and times of Joan of Arc.


Our last Lady in Waiting is wearing a surcote over a fitted dress with a cape.


Her hair is kept in a mesh bag sewn with pearls.


In case you're wondering, The Ladies in Waiting are all "safe". :)

Fin


Photos via googleimages

No comments:

Post a Comment