Friday, September 16, 2011

Wellington Pt. 5: One of the Highlights of my Trip.


During my brief stay in Wellington I was able to view "New Zealand in Vogue" an exhibit at the Te Papa Museum. Being a fan of fashion and a reader of Vogue myself this is one exhibit that's definitely not to be missed.


All roads lead to the exhibit.


The exhibit chronicles the short but memorable run of Vogue New Zealand which was etablished in 1957 and originally produced in England by its counterpart British Vogue. By the year 1960 production for the magazine was moved to Australia along with its Australian counterpart Australian Vogue. Sadly the magazine didn't last that long, closing its publication in 1968. However, its legacy will forever remain in New Zealand fashion industry within the coming years.

Vintage Vogue New Zealand covers circa 1960's.



Something from the pages of Vogue New Zealand.



A selection of frocks from the 50's to the 60's.



I call this the "Mad Men" section. lol



A personal favorite that I took photos in different angles. I could see Chritina Hendricks in this one.




More frocks on display.







Something inspired by 60's Biba.




Kia kaha for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment