Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Enter the Dragon! (aka Pint Sized Couture, 69th Golden Globes Edition) KABOOM!

Happy New Year everyone! Another year had passed by (hope it was a great one for most of you :) and we're off to a fresh start. Another year of hope, aspirations, dreams and goals.

Entertainment wise we are in the brink of awards season, recognizing the BESTs in film from the year that was 2011. And within a couple of days from now, we are to witness acceptance speech being delivered during this year's Golden Globes.

Well, I haven't seen any of the nominated films yet (I am looking forward to seeing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Artist though) but I have to say that this is perhpas the most diverse roster of nominees ranging from all genres of film. So, as they (the nominees) prepare for the big night (of course the Oscars is still "The Night of all Nights". LOL) I came up with a couple of red carpet looks for my dream Golden Globes clients.

First is Rooney Mara who is nominated as Best Actress in a Leading Role for "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".


I've been seeing her grace the red carpet recently in mostly black ensemble. Although I must admit that the color suits her pale skin just fine, I find it too much and yeah boring. So for Rooney, I've decided to dress her in a simple strapless dress, almost trapeze like (no fuss for this chameleon) and in a dark shade of blue.



Next would be Claire Danes who's nominated this year as Best Actress in a Leading Role for the TV Series "Homeland".


It'll be all about the shoulders (and the back) for one of my favorites actresses. She'll be in a semi-cowl, printed jersey dress which somehow resembles a qipao





Next is Michelle Williams who's nominated as Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for her turn as Marilyn Monroe in "My Week with Marilyn"...


...And although not nominated this year, Carey Mulligan.


I see them swathed in this draped creation of layered tulle and satin in shades of purple and black.



Last(well for now at least) is Argentine actress Berenice Bejo who is nominated as Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her role in the film "The Artist".


She may be an unheard actress before "The Artist", but she has quite a list of films under her belt one of which is "A Knight's Tale". So for her, I've decided to create a simple asymmetric draped jersey dress "knotted" and fastened with wood.



Click this link
to view the complete list of nominees for this year's Golden Globes.

Bye for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment