Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"New" Girl

Inspite of the "formulaic" approach when it comes to being a celebrity in Hollywood, its always a breath of fresh air whenever I see someone go the alternate route and be fearless.

Of course there's the Julia, Nicole, Sandra, Gwyneth etc. At the other end, there's the Natalies, Cates, Kates, Tildas, women whose acting and presence just wows me.

I've heard recently about an upcoming film, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" which is actually a remake of a Swedish film based on the book of the same name.

I rememeber it being shown here a couple of months ago (the Swedish version at least) but I didn't get the chance to see it. Haven't read the book either(would love to) however I'm so looking forward to seeing the remake because of the female lead.



Prior to this one, I had no clue who she is that I had to do some "research".

A few info about her:
*Her nameis Rooney Mara.
*She's born in 1985 in NYC.
*Her father works with the New York Giants.
*Younger sister of actress Kate Mara.
*Been in a couple of films one of which is "The Social Network".
"Beat a couple of actresses including Anne Hathway for the role Lisbeth Salander in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".

I can't believe the transformation she had in order to portray the role of Lisbeth. Coming from this:



To this. Severe haircut, piercings and "tats".





And now all glammed up for November Vogue.





I say fierce! ;)


Photos via google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment