Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wellington Pt. 11: Kiwi Style

So what exactly is "Kiwi style"? Prior to my trip in NZ, I have no idea that the land of the long white cloud has a booming fashion scene for quite a while with Kiwi designers who made quite a name (and fame) in the international market.

If you were to ask me, I would like to describe "Kiwi style" as a mixture of various styles and influences among of which is the sleek English tailoring. During my stay there, I've also noticed that people tend to dress individually which I think is key in achieving that personal distinct style.

Students outside Te Papa Museum. Love how the guy managed to get creative with his uniform.


Fellow designer (and roommate, Sean Purucker) with Sue Prescott, lecturer at Massey University. Love the play of pattern in Sue's outfit.


A guest at the show who reminds me of Sandy Powell.


A fashion design student at Massey giving a run-down of her graduate collection.


Shop of designer Trelise Cooper somewhere in Lambton Quay.


Its all about butterflies for spring for Trelise Cooper.


Shop of another famous Kiwi designer Karen Walker near the place where I stayed.


The "pajama look" (left) by Karen Walker which made its presence on fashion runways for Spring 2011.


Shops near Cuba St. all dressed up for WoW.


Previous WoW entry on display which I love but somehow reminds me of a piece from Viktor and Rolf.






Shopping for Spring/Summer wardrobe?







Kia Kaha for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment